Playlist


Friday, February 20, 2009

Four months + one week

For some reason the four month mark has taken it's toll on me these last two weeks. More sad, tear-filled days than not... This honestly just sucks. Sometimes it seems unfathomable that I could feel this way off and on for the next 40+ years and here we are at only four months - one week out. I've often thought of a post that I had read on another blog around Christmas time. This woman had buried her child in 'babyland' (the baby only part of the cemetery) and when she had visited her child at Christmas, she noticed that there was a new toy on a neighboring grave in babyland. A grave of a baby lost over 40 years ago. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my Christmas' -- but that will probably be me in 40 years.

Life just isn't fair! To have such a beautiful beloved child taken so soon.

Missing Owen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! It's McKenzie (macsquad33) from NILMDTS. I sent you a PM on there and haven't heard from you, just checking on you. I so feel you with the 4 month mark. I have been in a rut since October 8th and 9th. Like I am going crazy all over again. I would love to catch up with you when you can...I pray everyday for you. Thanks for being a part of my life....McKenzie...^i^Murray's Mom^i^

Erica said...

I am so sorry the 4 month mark has hit you hard... on the 40 year thing- my grandma lost her son over 60 years ago, and she still cries over him...that's one thing I never thought about...having to live with the loss for our entire lives...

Hugs to you!