Playlist


Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grrrrr

Well, my computer crashed this last Tues in the AM... I ordered one and hopefully it'll be here in another week. I've been spending some time contemplating the continuance of my story. Since a couple of the first appts with Dr. Winkler are a little fuzzy (details wise) - I've ordered a copy of my entire chart and should have it before my new computer arrives. I might just skip ahead a bit (and go back later) - I dunno, we'll see.

Anyway, let's see....

I donated a bunch more precious impressions kits to the Providence Hospital (off NE Glisan). It's so sad that there's even a need for these (no one should have to experience the loss of a child), yet I'm so glad that I am helping provide such a tangible memory of their babies.

Made several more name bracelets (pictures to follow when I get my new computer).


Last night Grandma Leslie & Grandpa Dave came to watch BigBro while Hubby & I went to a fundraiser (the Jewish Business Network puts it on). This year it wasn't a silent auction, but a raffle of many different items. We 'won' a spa package (ooooo could I use a massage - so I bought & put like 5 tickets in the box) and a razor scooter (we'll give it to BigBro for his birthday coming up at the end of March). I had fun last night, but it was hard. It's the first time I've seen several of these people for about a year +. Most people (except close friends) don't ever mention anything about Owen... The Rabbi kindly asked how we were doing and let us know how wonderful it was that we put our trust and faith in God and just waited, mentioning that it is so rare these days to find people with this type of faith. Of course I started crying. Not just because it was so nice for someone to acknowledge that we have a second child, but also because I still don't fit in any of my nice clothes. The last time I wore that outfit was to Owen's funeral -- I was already on the verge of tears when we showed up.

And now, I'm off to teach a friend's wife how to use various formulas and the autofilter in MS Excel. I don't know how many of you know... I am a licensed Customs Broker and before staying home with BigBro I worked at Nike - their world headquarters is right here in Beaverton, Oregon. That job brought different kinds of work experience - computer softwares, laws, regulations, importing, exporting, accounting practices, training, public speaking (although I can do it, I am still petrified when I do public speaking) and so much more. Now, my main attention is to raise a happy, healthy child (although I was hoping it would be children) and I am Hubby's "special projects" administrator. His work is moving, so I've been picking out paint colors, carpet, trim, desks, chairs, designing 'we're moving' notices and maps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shannon,
I received Lily's bracelet the other day. What a wonderful gift! Seeing it posted here on your blog brought tears. On one hand, it is so sad that you have to do this. On the other, it is a beautiful ministry, and I am deeply touched. Thank you.