Playlist


Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Six Months

So many times this day has come and gone.

The 13th of every month.

This sixth month anniversary hasn't been nearly as emotionally draining as the others. I wish I could explain it, but I can't. Yes, of course I miss him terribly. And, somehow I know I shouldn't be sad -- he's in a much better place. I just wish time weren't so definite. Because of the sun and moon we know exactly what a whole day is, a whole month is and because of the seasons we know what a whole year looks like too. And we are reminded how long that seems. Isn't it weird how we can look back (sometimes years later) and say to ourselves, "What was your rush?", "It may have seemed like forever, at the time, but it was almost nothing". Like, maybe someday (in a very long time), when I am together again with Owen. I will probably say those same things to myself.

What was your rush?

It may have seemed like forever, but it was the blink of an eye.

No comments: